Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Randomized trial in Uganda

Back in 2007 I was hired by Chris Blattman to assist in pre-testing and organizing an impact evaluation he was doing with an NGO partner in northern Uganda. Literally the day before we left the country for Christmas break we found out that the donor had backed out and everything was put on hold.

A year later Chris found a new donor, and the program was back on. I was busy on other work, so I couldn't be involved this time around. In my place he found a great, dedicated team. When I was in Uganda in June they had just finished the baseline and were working on running experimental games with the recipients.

Also there was a reporter for Freakonomics, Dwyer Gunn. She has posted about her trip here. Its a good description of whats going on in the country and what its like to be on the ground watching an evaluation take place.

No comments: